By George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell and John Swinton.
Read or Download An Universal History from the Earliest Account of Time to the Present - 1744 - Folio Edition - Volume One PDF
Best history_1 books
Acting Magic at the Western degree examines magic as a acting paintings and significant social perform. The essays during this interdisciplinary assortment research the paintings of various western theatrical conjurers and a number of other non-western magical performances of their ancient context. all through, the individuals hyperlink magic to cultural arenas comparable to faith, finance, gender, and nationality.
- History and Biography: Essays in Honour of Derek Beales
- Northrop F5 Talon
- Doing Recent History: On Privacy, Copyright, Video Games, Institutional Review Boards, Activist Scholarship, and History That Talks Back
- Landscape, Literature and English Religious Culture, 1660-1800: Samuel Johnson and Languages of Natural Description (Studies in Modern History)
- The Cambridge Economic History of Europe from the Decline of the Roman Empire: Volume 8, The Industrial Economies: The Development of Economic and ... of Economic and Social Policies v. 8
- V.I. Lenin on the Paris Commune
Additional info for An Universal History from the Earliest Account of Time to the Present - 1744 - Folio Edition - Volume One
They could not participate because they were not graduates. Perhaps one anecdote can illustrate. From far away Emden, on the North Sea, a student named Adolf Occo, after completing his studies in arts at Louvain, came to Ferrara after a stay in Bologna. He was the progenitor of a family that had become rich in the service of the Fuggers and had left its mark in Amsterdam through artistic patronage and works of charity. Adolf graduated in medicine at Ferrara, but did not return to the north until many years later, when he was appointed physician to the Prince-Bishop of Augsburg.
103. Zur Bezahlung der Professoren durch die Studenten: G. Post, »Masters« Salaries and Student-Fees in the Medieval Universities, in: Speculum 7, 1932, S. 192–94. 49 Man vgl. die Kapitel LIII und LVI der Statuten der Juristenuniversität Pavia: Maiocchi, Codice diplomatico (wie Anm. 11), I, S. 271–73. Ferner: Università e studenti a Bologna nei secoli XIII e XIV, a cura di C. Dolcini, presentazione di G. Arnaldi, Torino 1988, S. 71. Die Stadt Vicenza versprach schon 1204, die Bezahlung eines Professors zu übernehmen: Steﬀen, Die studentische Autonomie (wie Anm.
20 Acta graduum academicorum Gymnasii Patavini ab anno 1406 ad annum 1450, a cura di G. Zonta e G. , 2Padova 1970; Acta graduum academicorum Gymnasii Patavini ab anno 1451 ad annum 1460, a cura di M. P. Ghezzo, Padova 1990; Acta graduum academicorum Gymnasii Patavini ab anno 1461 ad annum 1470, a cura di G. Penco, Padova 1992. 22 chapter two befreundet waren21. Ich begnüge mich mit einem einzigen Beispiel. 1473 fand in Pavia eine theologische Promotion statt, ein Ereignis, das selten vorkam. Doktorkandidat war der ehemalige Kölner Student und Bakkalar der Theologie Johannes Vredewolt aus Groningen.
An Universal History from the Earliest Account of Time to the Present - 1744 - Folio Edition - Volume One by George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell and John Swinton.